Department of Linguistics
SPEECH RESOURCE PAGES
On this web site there is a large body of resources (over 1000 web pages and a very large number of media files) that relate to our research and teaching activities in the speech sciences, as well as certain aspects of the hearing sciences. These pages consist of materials developed by Robert Mannell and Felicity Cox (see our research links to the left), as well as additional contributions by colleagues who were formerly at Macquarie.
Major Speech and Hearing Resources
- Australian Voices
- Phonetics and Phonology
- Speech Acoustics
- Speech Physiology
- Speech Perception and Psychoacoustics
- Speech Synthesis and MU-Talk Text-to-Speech System
Minor Resource Pages
Click here for access to various minor speech resource pages. These pages are smaller, typically single page, resources.
The following links will take you to various phonetics, phonology, and speech and hearing science units (subjects) taught by Felicity Cox and/or Robert Mannell (sometimes in collaboration with others).
- LING110: Language: Its Structure and Use (phonetics topic resources)
- LING217: Phonetics and Phonology
- LING333: Australian English
- LING398: Phonetics: Transcription and Theory
- LING901: Phonetics and Phonology
- CAUD819: Speech Perception and Production
- SPH399: Acoustics of Speech
- SPH308: Speech Physiology
- SPH312: Auditory Physiology and Psychoacoustics