Department of Linguistics
SPH308: Speech Physiology
- Seikel J.A., King D.W., and Drumright D.G. (2010) Anatomy and Physiology for Speech, Language and Hearing. 4th edition, Thomson Delmar Learning. (QP306 .S49 2010 )
- Seikel J.A., King D.W., and Drumright D.G. (2005) Anatomy and Physiology for Speech Langauge. 3rd edition, Thomson Delmar Learning. (QP306 .S49 2005)
...OR ... an earlier edition
You will find a copy (or copies) of this book in Library Reserve. The 1st edition and 2nd edition (2000) of this book can also be found in the library. They have similar content but there may be differences in page and chapter numbering.
Additional Reading List
Some of the books listed below are in Reserve and others are available for general access.
- Baken, R. J. and Orlikoff, R.F. (2000) Clinical Measurement of Speech and Voice, 2nd edition, Taylor and Francis, NY. (RC423 .B28/2000)
- Ball, M.J. and Code, C. (1997) Instrumental clinical phonetics, Whurr Publishers Ltd, London. (RC423.I465/1997)
- Clark, J., Yallop, C. & Fletcher, J. (2007), An introduction to phonetics and phonology, (3rd Edition), Oxford:Blackwell (1st edn: P217.C65/1990, 2nd edn: P217.C65/1995)
- Daniloff, R., Schuckers, G. and Feth, L. (1980) The Physiology of Speech and Hearing, Prentice-Hall Inc, Englewood Cliffs. (QP306.D36)
- Dickson, D. R. and Maue-Dickson, W. (1982) Anatomical and Physiological Bases of Speech, Little, Brown and Company, Boston. (QP306.D52)
- Hardcastle, W. J. (1976) Physiology of Speech Production. Academic Press, London. (QP306.H29)
- Hixon, T.J., Weismer, G. & Hoit, J.D. (2008) Preclinical Speech Science: Anatomy, Physiology, Acoustics, Perception, San Diego, CA: Plural.
- Ladefoged, P., (1967) Three Areas of Experimental Phonetics, Oxford UP, London. (QP306.L35)
- Laver, J. (1980) The Phonetic Description of Voice Quality, Cambridge UP, Cambridge. (P221.L29)
- Minifie, F. D., Hixon, T. J. and Williams, F. (1973) Normal Aspects of Speech, Hearing and Language. Prentice-Hall Inc, Englewood Cliffs. (QP306.M617)
- Perkins, W. H. and Kent, R, D. (1986) Textbook of Functional Anatomy of Speech, Language, and Hearing. Taylor and Francis, London (QP306.P43)
- Schneiderman, C. R. (1984) Basic Anatomy and Physiology in Speech and Hearing, College-Hill Press, San Diego. (QP306.S356)
- Zemlin, W. R. (1998) Speech and Hearing Science. 4th edn. Allyn and Bacon, Boston. (QP306.Z4/1998)